This means TVB can operate a wholly-owned advertising firm that sells airtime directly to mainland enterprises, thus cutting out the middlemen who represented the network, Media Partners Asia reported. That firm, Gang Shi Multimedia Co. will be based initially in Guangzhou and eventually expand to other cities.
"This should enable TVB to generate some upside to the HK50 mill. it has contracted to receive in royalty payments from Guangdong cable operators," added MPA, which sees TVB as ripe for a takeover.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.5k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 70 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 57 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 44 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020